Things You Didn't Know about GATS
August 9, 2017, 5:00pm
The Great American Trucking Show has existed for 19 years. Some pretty cool stuff has come from such an amazing show... check it out!
- The official mission of GATS is to create an interactive, inspiring environment entirely focused on trucking’s improvement. That’s a lot of fancy words to say that GATS makes trucking better.
- There are 157 trucks, 554 vendors and 52,406 registrants at GATS. That’s a lot of trucking!
- On average, 178 people post about GATS on social media every day.
- If you walk every aisle on the show floor at GATS, you will travel exactly 3.42 miles!
- You can receive 23 free health screenings on the show floor at GATS, even if you’re uninsured.
- GATS attendees hail from 65 countries and all 50 states.
- A complete solar eclipse will happen while GATS is setting up on Monday, August 21. This is the first time since 1918 this phenomenon will occur in the United States.
- The first ever GATS was held 19 years ago, in 1998.
- You won’t see negativity at GATS. Each vendor makes a positive impact on trucking.
- You can win all kinds of prizes from a Yeti Cooler to a Harley-Davidson bike by visiting these vendors while you’re at GATS.
- GATS is produced by an events team of just 12 people!
- In 2016, GATS attendees like you contributed $102,647.00 for donations to charitable organizations. Thank you!
- There’s a parade just for pets happening at the TA | Petro Truck Parking Community on Saturday at 5:00 PM.
- The GATS exhibit hall is kept at 68 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the optimum temperature to keep more than 50,000 people cool.
- In 2016, recruiters from 99 separate carriers offered jobs in the Recruiting Pavilion.
- The competition trucks at GATS take approximately 6 months to transform and are judged on a strict rubric of 46 specific criteria before the awards ceremony begins.
- Last year, attendees donated 53 pints of blood at GATS. That could save 160 lives!
- GATS provides a lot of free services for you to enjoy: free truck parking, free shuttle service, free show directories, free event app, not to mention free registration!
- There’s a concert hosted by GATS on Friday night and it’s free! Just make sure you pre-register for tickets.
- GATS vendors must be committed to making trucking better. You won’t see any vendors at GATS that don’t benefit the trucking world in their own way.
Are you an expert on GATS? Contact us with your favorite fun fact!